The Italian Patent Box is a tax regime that aims to support investment in R&D activities and encourage the development of Intellectual Property in Italy.
Our Italian Patent Box team will help clients with business interests in Italy maximise benefit from the Patent Box regime.
Marina Mauro, Senior Patent Attorney
The Italian Patent Box will grant a partial exemption from corporate income tax which means by 2017, the rate of tax will have dropped from 31.4% to 15.7%.
The regime is made available to both Italian and foreign taxpayers. Users of the patent box regime must be undertaking R&D activities either directly or through agreements with universities or other research facilities to qualify.
Dr Marina Mauro and her team are on hand to make sure you know how the Patent Box will benefit your company and then help you take advantage of it.
Our experts will help you with:
- IDENTIFYING – qualifying rights you may hold.
- PLANNING – where you might like to file new patent applications.
- ACCELERATING – existing applications that may qualify, to increase your qualifying portfolio.
- IP Strategy
- IP Audits
- Product Ideation
- Brand Ideation
- IP Searching
- IP Landscaping
- European Patent Validation
- PCT National Stage Entry
- Direct National Filing
- Infringement and Validity Opinions
- Portfolio Review and Management
- Oppositions and Appeals
- Litigation Support