Patent Box legislation was created to encourage companies to invest in the UK and to retain and commercialise innovation within the UK.
Our specialist Patent Box team was set up to help our UK clients make the most of the new legislation and use it to save money on their corporation tax. We help clients identify qualifying patents and make the most of them.
Jamie Allan, Director, Patents
The UK Patent Box system allows qualifying companies to reduce corporation tax on profits made through their patents from a maximum of 20% to just 10%.
To qualify, the company must own, be the applicant for or have exclusive licensee rights to the patents concerned, must be in receipt of qualifying profits relating to the qualifying patents, and must fulfil development and management criteria relating to the IP involved.
Our team is here to help you navigate the Patent Box rules, and help you to maximise any benefit you’re entitled to.
Our experts will help you with:
- IDENTIFYING – qualifying rights you may hold.
- PLANNING – where you might like to file new patent applications.
- ACCELERATING – existing applications that may qualify, to increase your qualifying portfolio.
- IP Strategy
- IP Audits
- Product Ideation
- Brand Ideation
- IP Searching
- IP Landscaping
- European Patent Validation
- PCT National Stage Entry
- Direct National Filing
- Infringement and Validity Opinions
- Portfolio Review and Management
- Oppositions and Appeals
- Litigation Support