When oppositions and appeals arise, we’ll help you prepare all the documents and materials you need. Our specialist team of intellectual property attorneys will provide expertise, advice and support through every stage of the process, whether at the EPO or EUIPO or in opposition or revocation proceedings at the national level.
Preparing for opposition proceedings is an important element of any intellectual property strategy. Proper management of the process from an early stage offers you a competitive advantage.
Graham Murnane, Director, Patents
It’s important to be as aware of your competitors’ activities as you are of your own. That allows you to prepare in advance for opposing third party rights, or even filing pre-grant observations, while ensuring your own rights are as secure as possible against third party oppositions. It’s a comprehensive and cost-effective way to stay prepared for any eventuality.
Our experts will help you with:
- PREPARATION – as well as continual monitoring of competitor activity, we’ll also help you prepare the necessary paperwork for any observations, oppositions or appeals.
- REPRESENTATION – we’ll represent you before the relevant IP Offices in all correspondence and in hearings where necessary.
- COST CONTROL – advance preparation will help keep costs down. We’ll provide you with an initial estimate and advise you immediately of any additional costs before they arise.
- EXPERTISE – our oppositions and appeals team is headed by a former EPO Opposition Division member – Graham Murnane. Our attorneys have many years of experience in representing clients in disputes before various European IP Offices.
- IP Strategy
- IP Audits
- Product Ideation
- Patent Searching
- IP Landscaping
- European Patent Validation
- PCT National Stage Entry
- Direct National Filing
- Infringement and Validity Opinions
- Portfolio Review and Management
- Oppositions and Appeals
- Litigation Support
- Licensing and Commercialisation Support