- MEng Mechanical Engineering, Cardiff University
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, Cardiff University
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certified Patent Litigator
Alan Jones specialises in mechanical patents, particularly those relating to the automotive field. As a Certified Patent Litigator, Alan also advises on litigation matters and is qualified to represent clients in the Higher Courts.
Alan joined Murgitroyd as part of the addition of UDL by Murgitroyd in October 2021. Alan gained a PhD with a focus on the characterisation and fundamental studies of particulate matter from combustion processes, with particular emphasis on automotive emissions and the development of suitable diagnostics. This research was funded by a major UK automotive engineering consultancy firm.
Alan entered the profession in 2004 and is based in our Cardiff Office.
Core expertise: automotive, engineering and industry, brands, creative agencies, green technologies, medical devices, retail and homeware, wellness and wearables.
- September 3, 2021: Battery electric vs hydrogen – which is the future for electric vehicles?
- August 12, 2020: How to protect the shape of a car – lessons from Jaguar Land Rover and INEOS
- March 30, 2020: How intellectual property rights can protect automotive designs