- European Patent Attorney (EPA)
- Chartered Patent Attorney (UK) (CPA)
- Community Design Attorney
- Irish Patent Attorney
- IP Litigation Certificate (IPREG)
- MSc in the Management of Intellectual Property, Queen Mary, University of London
- BA (Hons) Natural Sciences (Genetics), Trinity College Dublin
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (UK)
- Member of the Irish Association of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys (APTMA)
- Irish Representative on the European Patent Institute (EPI) Biotechnology Committee
Anna Hally specialises in the life sciences sector, including healthcare, pharmaceuticals, AgriTech, and food technology.
Her work includes the drafting and prosecution of patent applications, supplementary protection certificates (SPCs) and plant variety rights, as well as global IP portfolio management and strategy, due diligence and opinion work.
Anna’s clients range from major multinationals to university spin outs. Having spent over 20 years in private practice, her career path has been varied and interesting, giving Anna a wide range of experiences to draw on. She graduated from Trinity College (Dublin) with an Honours degree in natural sciences, specialising in genetics. This provided experience in a wide range of fields, including biotechnology, molecular biology, plant science and biochemistry. As part of her degree, Anna carried out an extensive laboratory project at the Wellcome Ocular Genetics laboratory, attempting to localise a gene for age-related macular degeneration. She added to her academic qualifications with a MSc in the management of intellectual property from the University of London.
Anna is the Irish Representative on the European Patent Institute (EPI) Biotechnology Committee and a regular attendee of the BIO International Convention, as well as being regularly recommended in the IAM Patent 1000. Anna is also an Irish Chapter co-leader and part of the European Leadership team of the ChIPs network — a non-profit organisation that advances and connects women in technology, law and policy.
Anna spent a decade in private practice in London before moving back to Ireland. She joined Murgitroyd in 2021, following the acquisition of Hanna Moore + Curley.
Core Expertise : Life Sciences, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, agritech, medtech and food technology.
- August 4, 2022: Sequence listings and WIPO ST.26 – briefing update
- January 18, 2022: Sequence listings and ST26 – Get ready for 1 July 2022