- Trade Marks
- BA, University College London
- LLM Intellectual Property and Cultural Heritage Law, University College London
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Litigation and Advocacy, Nottingham Trent University
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- Trade Mark and Design Litigator
Sharon Kirby specialises in trade mark portfolio management and works across a wide range of sectors including publishing, cosmetics, baby products, automotive, food and drink, fashion, software and pharmaceuticals.
Sharon works with a range of clients, from start-ups to those with registrations in over 60 countries. She is an expert advisor on global searching and filing strategies and has managed both oppositions and invalidation actions, as well as complex litigation, overseas. Sharon routinely carries out opposition work and related procedures before the UK and EUIPO. Sharon has also carried out domain name recovery work before The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICAAN).
Before training as a trade mark attorney, Sharon worked in legal publishing and later as an Information Manager at a national patent and trade mark firm. Prior to joining UDL, Sharon worked in private practice in London.
Sharon entered the profession in 2002, qualified in 2006, joined UDL in 2019 and subsequently Murgitroyd as part of the addition of UDL in October 2021.
Sharon is based in our Leeds Office.
Core expertise: brands, creative agencies, fashion, luxury apparel, food and drink, media, music, publishing, retail and homeware.
- November 29, 2022: Banksy makes a monkey out of trade mark protection
- October 14, 2019: Start-ups and SMEs – top tips to start thinking about IP