We can offer our clients the option of applying for utility models, when you need a faster result than a patent application will deliver.
Utility models can provide quick and effective protection. We’ll advise whether this might be the right option for you, and help you through the application process.
Dr Ben Grau, Senior Patent Attorney
When it comes to generating value from your intellectual property, our world-class team of attorneys takes a creative approach to identify the strategy that best fits your goals. As part of this strategy, they may recommend a utility model as an alternative or even in addition to a patent. Depending on what you’re trying to achieve, this can be a more cost-effective or faster way of safeguarding your intellectual property.
Utility models work in a similar way to patents to protect your individual or company rights to an invention. However, there can be limitations on what can be protected, and their shelf life is generally shorter than a full patent. Your attorney will be able to advise whether this is the right option for you.
We’ll take care of:
- STRATEGY – creating a comprehensive IP strategy that generates value from your design.
- PROTECTION – putting in place the right global protection for your needs and ensuring the filing process is done correctly, efficiently and swiftly.
- COMMERCIALISATION – extracting maximum commercial value from your design.
- ENFORCEMENT – ensuring your rights are enforced and defended worldwide.
- MAINTENANCE & MORE – providing stress-free management and maintenance of your global portfolio.
- IP Strategy
- IP Audits
- Product Ideation
- IP Landscaping
- Infringement and Validity Opinions
- Portfolio Review and Management
- Licensing and Commercialisation Support
- Patent Drawings
- Due Diligence
- Litigation Support
- IP Training
- Oppositions and Appeals
Keep up to date with the latest news and legal updates, or learn more about protecting your intellectual property