- Honours Diploma in Electronic Engineering (HDipEng), Kevin Street College of Technology, Dublin
- Bachelor of Science Electronic and Electrical Engineering (BSc Eng), Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Master of Science Electrical Engineering (BSc Eng), University College Dublin
- Diploma in Legal Studies, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Irish Trade Mark Attorney
- Irish Patent Attorney
- Community Design Attorney
- Community Trade Mark Attorney
- European Patent Attorney (EPA)
- President of Irish Association of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
Donnacha Curley is a Director, Patents at Murgitroyd following the acquisition of Hanna Moore + Curley by Murgitroyd in August 2021. Donnachais a European Patent Attorney, an Irish patent and trade mark Attorney and a Community Design Attorney with more than 20 years’ experience in private practice.
Focusing his attention on technologies in the agritech, software and electronics fields, Donnacha represents a number of award winning companies in these sectors. He has shared the journey with clients from start-up phase, through rounds of investor due diligence and fundraising to ultimate acquisition by multi-national entities. In addition to his local client base, Donnacha also represents a number of large multi-national corporations before the EPO.
Prior to co-founding Hanna Moore + Curley in 2003, Donnacha worked with another firm of patent attorneys and before that worked as an applications engineer for a US electronics company.
In addition to his professional qualifications as a patent and trade mark attorney, Donnacha has a Diploma in Legal Studies, an Honours Diploma in Electronic Engineering and a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering. Whilst qualifying as a patent attorney, Donnacha was awarded the Drafting Prize for the highest mark in the United Kingdom Joint Examination Board Finals Examination for drafting specifications.
Donnacha is the past President of Irish Association of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys and previous chair of their Patent Law Committee. In this capacity, he represents the Irish profession internationally and liaises with the Irish Government on matters relating to intellectual property.
Core Expertise: Agritech, software and electronics