- LLB, University of Sheffield
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
Gareth Price has extensive experience of advising clients on the creation and implementation of brand protection strategies and global brand portfolio management. In addition to trade mark clearance and global registration, he handles a significant amount of contentious trade mark and design matters and IP-focussed corporate transactions.
Gareth acts for a diverse range of clients, from SMEs to multinational corporations, in many industries but with a particular emphasis on those involved in retail, hospitality, healthcare, media, engineering and agricultural.
Gareth advises a growing number of Chinese businesses on the registration of their brands and in contentious matters before the UKIPO and EUIPO.
Gareth entered the profession in 1999. He joined UDL in 2007 and became a partner in 2014.
Gareth joined Murgitroyd as part of the addition of UDL in October 2021. Gareth is based in our Leeds Office.
Core expertise: brands, software and related technology, automotive, creative agencies, fashion, luxury apparel, food and drink, games, apps, VR and immersive technologies, media, music, publishing, medical devices, retail and homeware, telecoms and 5G.
Latest expert updates:
- February 24, 2020: An introduction to copyright for creatives
- May 15, 2019: Who owns my logo?
- February 19, 2019: Creative agencies: how and why to protect your intellectual property
- September 27, 2018: The importance of IP in mergers and acquisitions