Dr Thomas Gibb
- MA Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- MSci Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- PhD Chemistry, Imperial College London
- Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Brunel University
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in IP Basic Litigation Course
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
Thomas Gibb is a qualified UK and European patent attorney. He joined Murgitroyd in February 2019 following the acquisition of Chapman IP by Murgitroyd. Thomas joined Chapman IP after completing a PhD in Chemistry at Imperial College London.
Thomas’ PhD focused on devices for single molecule detection and their integration into microfluidic platforms. Prior to his PhD he obtained both a First Class MA and MSci in Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge, specialising in Materials Science and Metallurgy.
Thomas was awarded a Selwyn College (Cambridge) scholarship for all four years of study. He was also awarded the Armourers & Brasiers’ AWE prize in the penultimate and final years. Tom is based in the Southampton Office.
As Head of Professional Practice, Thomas chairs Murgitroyd’s Practice Board and has responsibility for the professional activities of more than 75 patent and trade mark attorneys and assistants throughout the firm.
Core Expertise: Functional materials, chemical analytics, materials science and metallurgy.