Our Environmental, Social & Governance Report 2022
Growing the right way
As one of the leading and fastest-growing businesses in the European IP protection sector, we — along with our owners, Sovereign Capital Partners — are committed to growing in the right way. To us, this means ensuring that sustainability, social responsibility, and ethics are at the heart of all we do. This helps us to continue to add value to the communities in which we operate around the world as we achieve our ambitious business goals.
We are now delighted to introduce you to our second annual ESG report — one that not only showcases our sustained approach to giving back, but also takes time to reflect on what we have achieved so far and inspires all of us across the business to do even more.
We are immensely proud of all our people for going above and beyond their day jobs over the past 12 months to deliver the difference you will see within this report – though special thanks goes to our wonderful colleague-led groups that coordinate and advance our work in this area.
Please have a look through our report to discover our latest ESG initiatives, including how we have:
- enhanced our inclusive approach to job applications, open days, and our trainee program
- updated our anti-racism statement
- introduced new policies and awareness initiatives around diversity, mental health, and menopause
- strengthened relationships with our global charity partners with a focus on aid and poverty
- worked towards our goal of achieving a 100% renewable energy supply in all our offices by 2025
- continued to progress toward our goal to become carbon-neutral by 2030
“Seeing Murgitroyd’s sustained commitment to embracing and promoting diversity and inclusiveness has translated into meaningful actions that will promote greater diversity of both the inventor community and IP professionals. Murgitroyd’s support of the Diversity in Innovation Pledge, and development of their own diverse teams is a positive reflection of actions which will deliver benefits not just for Murgitroyd, but for the wider IP ecosystem.”
– Jeremiah Chan, Head of Patents, Licensing and Open Source at Meta Platforms.
To find out more, contact us.
Keep up to date with the latest news and legal updates, or learn more about protecting your intellectual property