About Innovator Launchpad
Thanks for stopping by our page. If you’re a UK-based entrepreneur and your business is a pre-profit or non-profit enterprise, then this could be the innovation competition for you! 2018 entries open on Wed 10 Oct @ 1200 BST (See full terms and conditions here) and you could win a £6,500 cash investment to your business + additional support (full details of prizes below).
Innovator Launchpad is a competition targeted to busy entrepreneurs – we have a short online entry process (our application form will take you under 30 mins to complete) and we’ll be keeping updates simple throughout the competition by using our Innovator Launchpad Facebook page (we invite you to join the community!).
You can view a short video about the competition and application process here.
Why Did We Start Innovator Launchpad?
The Murgitroyd team wanted to support the innovative community at grassroots level, and we know through supporting innovative companies in their intellectual property journeys over many years that what entrepreneurs need at the earliest stage of their development are cash and sound professional advice, so that is what our prize provides (see below for full details of prizes).
We ran the competition once in Spring 2017, again in Autumn 2017 and we’re now back with an annual competition in 2018 – after trying it twice, we’ve realised that an annual competition will likely be the best vehicle for the competition, and it also means the marketing team at Murgitroyd can dedicate more time and resources to the competition.
Murgitroyd are delighted to be joined this year by sponsors Leyton UK, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banking Group, Dog Digital and Betabrand, who will each be providing their time and expertise to the competition. They are a brilliant bunch and we thank each of them for their support.
2018 Competition – Get Ready To Enter!
The 2018 competition launches on 10 October 2018 @ 1200 GMT and has some fantastic prizes on offer (see below for full details).
To enter, simply fill out the online entry form which should take no longer than 30 minutes.
The top 10 entrants based on the criteria of innovation, impact, sustainability and presentation/definition will then be asked to produce a 90-second video (see video guidelines here), which will be voted on by the public to decide the top 3, with voting taking place via the Innovator Launchpad Facebook page.
The top 3 as voted for by the public will then be interviewed by a cross-industry panel to decide on 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, with the winner being announced on 22 Jan 2019 @ 1200 GMT.
Go on – why not take up the innovation challenge?
- Wed 10 Oct @ 1200 GMT – Entries open
- Wed 7 Nov @ 1200 GMT – Entries close
- Mon 12 Nov @1200 GMT – Top 10 announced
- Tue 27 Nov @1200 GMT – Public video vote opens
- Fri 14 Dec @1200 GMT – Public video vote closes
- Tue 18 Dec @ 1200 GMT – Top 3 announced
- FESTIVE BREAK
- Mon 14 – Fri 18 Jan – Judging week
- Tue 22 Jan @1200 GMT – Winner announced
- Wed 27 Feb – Award ceremony
- £6,500 cash
- £2,500 intellectual property services from Murgitroyd
- £1,500 innovation funding advisory services from Leyton UK
- Direct line to an experienced small business manager from Clydesdale & Yorkshire Banking Group
- 25 months fee-free business banking with Clydesdale & Yorkshire Banking Group
- Limited edition Betabrand space jacket
- Professional photoshoot
- Free publicity, including UK press release and 1-page full-colour regional advertisement
- £750 cash
- £1,000 intellectual property services from Murgitroyd
- Free consultation with Leyton UK
- £500 cash
- £750 intellectual property services from Murgitroyd
- Free consultation with Leyton UK
Previous Entrants and Winners
We’ve had some brilliant entrants to our competition from all industry sectors – these include engineering, software, fashion, chemistry, biotech, pharmaceuticals, food and drink and many more. Basically, if you’re a UK-based enterprise and are a pre-profit or non-profit concern (and meet all of our terms and conditions of course), you’re in!
The two winners of our previous competitions have been Brian Miller and Monika Tomecka of UFraction8 (Spring 2017) and Michael Harkins of Turtle Pack (Autumn 2017). They have both gone on to do fantastic things, with Brian and Monika recently being awarded a €50,000 grant from the EU Horizon2020 fund and Michael having his product endorsed by none other than Sir Richard Branson!
Contact Our Team
Should you have any questions about the Innovator Launchpad competition, please contact a member of the Innovator Launchpad team: