Video Submission Guidelines
If you reach the Final 10 stage of the competition, you will be asked to submit a short video. Please see the rules regarding these videos below.
1) All entries must be a digital video and be submitted in digital format.
2) Each entry must focus on the applicant’s company. Applicants should give a detailed description of what their company does and what makes their company stand out.
3) The length of the video should not exceed 90 seconds, not including the 5 second title screen – the title screen must include:
a) Company logo;
b) Company name;
c) Founder and Co-Founder names; and
d) Website address.
4) The video should:
a) Indicate the general business or social problem being solved or field of the innovation, but not disclose the innovation (so as not to prejudice any current or future intellectual property rights);
b) Demonstrate why the problem is significant and why the entrant is passionate about solving it;
c) Include a request for votes.
5) All information presented in the video must be, to the best of the applicant’s knowledge, as accurate as possible.
6) There is no entry fee.
7) Videos must be submitted to the Innovator Launchpad team by 12pm GMT on Fri. 16th November, 2018.
8) No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless the applicant owns the copyright or has a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
9) All portions of the online entry form must be completed when applicants upload their video for it to be eligible.
10) Content must comply with all local and national laws of the United Kingdom. Content must not:
a) Promote illegal behaviour;
b) Support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice;
c) Advocate sexual or violent exploitation;
d) Violate rights established by law or agreement;
e) Invade the privacy of any person; or
f) Be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Murgitroyd in its sole and conclusive determination.
11) The judges’ decision is final.
12) The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Murgitroyd / Innovator Launchpad will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.