- UK Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- PG Cert in Intellectual Property, Bournemouth University
- LLM Intellectual Property and the Digital Economy, University of Glasgow
- Master 2 Intellectual Property and New Technologies, Aix-Marseille University
- Corporate Counsel Degree, Aix Marseille University
- Master 1 Law and Management of Media and Communications, Aix-Marseille University
- LLB French Law, Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas University
Alain Godement completed his law studies in Paris and Aix-en-Provence, where he served as President of the European exchange student association “Erasmus Student Network”. He also actively participated in representing Aix-Marseille University in the 2014 edition of the Oxford Intellectual Property Moot competition. His postgraduate dissertation reflected on the outer limits of creative freedom within the current framework of copyright laws.
He then worked a number of years in French law firms specialised in intellectual property where he gained experience in conducting litigation, counselling and trade marks portfolio management. He then moved in-house at a start-up publicity agency to help it build a cohesive and comprehensive legal framework, often providing on the spot training in all areas of intellectual property to staff members.
Alain joined Murgitroyd’s Croydon team in 2017 after completing his postgraduate degree where his dissertation analysed the practice of mass surveillance and wiretapping of ISSPs in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation. He qualified as a Trade Mark Attorney in 2021.
As a Reservist in the French Marines, he has almost a decade’s experience as an instructor in his unit.
Some of Alain’s major clients have been in the following sectors: food and drink, fashion retail, high-end jewellery, online gaming and betting