Tahsin Ali Kassam
- MEng Engineering with Business Finance, University College London
- MRes Materials Science and Engineering, University of Birmingham
- PhD Materials Science and Engineering, TWI Ltd/Brunel University London
- PGCert Intellectual Property Law (Distinction), Queen Mary University London
- Professional Member (MIMMM) of The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
Tahsin Ali Kassam supports our automotive, engineering and materials teams and is currently working towards qualifying as a Chartered and European Patent Attorney. As a Chartered Engineer, he has several years’ industrial experience working in the fields of nanomechanical testing, hardfacing repair and materials joining. He now handles the prosecution of a wide variety of engineering-related inventions.
As a keen writer, Tahsin authors the ‘Patent of The Month’ feature in IOM3’s Materials World magazine. He’s a published author in the field of ceramic-to-metal joining and has received several academic prizes including ‘2017 Best Ceramics PhD Thesis in the UK’ from Imperial College London’s CASC Steering Group.
Tahsin joined UDL in 2020, having entered the profession in 2017. Tahsin is based in our Milton Keynes Office.
Tahsin joined Murgitroyd as part of the addition of the UDL team to the Murgitroyd team in October 2021.
Core expertise: chemistry and materials, advanced materials, automotive, battery, hydrogen fuel cell and energy storage technology, construction and infrastructure, green chemistry and green technologies