From tidal, wave and wind power systems to heat pumps, biofuels and organic photovoltaics, our Renewables Team has a great breadth of experience in the Renewables field, meaning we have the technical expertise necessary to meet the Intellectual Property needs of your Renewables business.
Our Renewables Team has a great deal of knowledge and expertise in areas of IP relevant to the Renewables field, including:
- Patent drafting – We have a wealth of experience in drafting patent applications to protect renewables inventions, including inventions relating to wave, wind, tidal and solar technology.
- Patent prosecution in the UK and Europe, and abroad – We have handled the prosecution of hundreds of patent applications in the renewables field across the globe.
- Opposition and appeal proceedings at the EPO – We have specific experience in handling oppositions at the EPO in the field of wind turbine technology.
- Patent Box – We can help you obtain a patent for “Patent Box” purposes. In particular, we have assisted a number of clients in obtaining the quick grant of a UK patent by making use of the UK Intellectual Property Office’s ‘Green Channel’ for environmentally friendly inventions.
- Freedom to Operate (FTO) – We can help you assess whether your proposed commercial activities in the renewables sector may infringe any existing IP.
- IP Audits – We have experience of carrying out UK Intellectual Property Office IP Audits for a range of different clients in the renewables sector.
In summary, our approach is focused on the commercial needs of your business. Our approach considers not only the present IP needs of your business, but also your potential IP needs in the future. In this way, our Renewables Team can ensure you leverage your innovation to the maximum possible extent. Over the 45 years we have been active in the Renewables sector, we have helped businesses of all different sizes from the very big to the very small leverage their IP. Please therefore rest assured that your IP is in safe hands with us.
Keep up to date with the latest news and legal updates, or learn more about protecting your intellectual property