- MSci Physics, King’s College London
- MRes Ultra Precision, University of Cambridge
- PhD Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
Clare Collins is experienced at drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a wide variety of technology areas, including mechanical devices, electronic devices, medical devices, computer-implemented inventions and blockchain.
Clare studied physics at undergraduate level, which included a project on surface metrology based at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL). This interest lead to her study for an MRes in Ultra Precision at the Institute for Manufacturing at University of Cambridge. This course covered a range of precision engineering topics from display technology to energy beam processing and furthered her understanding of measurement technologies and surface science. Following this, Clare went on to do a PhD at Cambridge in field emission from ordered nanomaterials with a particular focus on carbon nanotubes.
Clare entered the profession in 2017 and joined UDL in 2021 and subsequently Murgitroyd as part of the addition of UDL in October 2021.
Clare is based in our London Office.
Core expertise: software and related technology, artificial intelligence, blockchain, electronics.
Latest expert updates:
- October 5, 2021: Eight things to know about the patent filing process
- July 15, 2021: How to protect software with intellectual property rights – the basics