- Trade Marks
- UK Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Ireland)
- Member of the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (MITMA)
- Community Trade Mark & Design Attorney
- LLB Law, The Queen's University of Belfast
- MSc Management and Information Systems, The Queen's University of Belfast
- Diplome d'etudes juridiques francaises, University of Limoges
Joanne graduated from Queen’s University Belfast with an LLB in law with french. As part of her undergraduate degree, she spent a year studying law at the University of Limoges in France, obtaining a Diploma in French Law. Joanne then completed a Master of Science degree, her dissertation covering the protection of software as intellectual property.
She worked in-house as an intellectual property advisor for a US technology company prior to joining Murgitroyd in 2002. Joanne is a qualified trade mark attorney in both the UK and Ireland, and is the main point of contact in Ireland for trade marks. Joanne was appointed Director of Trade Marks in 2012.
A member of the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys, Joanne has presented to the Law Society in Belfast. She also regularly lectures undergraduate law students at Queen’s University.
She helps clients with trade mark clearance searches and protection as well as IP audits, licensing and dispute resolution.
Joanne has experience in representing clients before the UK Intellectual Property Office and the EUIPO in oppositions, revocations and invalidity actions. Her clients range from large corporations to small and medium sized companies in a diverse range of industry sectors.