- Bachelor of Science (Physics), University Lyon I, France & Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK
- Master of Science (Physics), University Grenoble-Alpes, France
- PhD (Physics), University Grenoble-Alpes, France
- Irish Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney (EPA)
- Member of the Irish Association of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys (APTMA)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES) France.
Laurence Bibow specialises in the fields of telecommunications, electronics, software and mechanical devices.
A French national, Laurence is a European Patent Attorney and Irish Patent Attorney with many years’ experience in private practice. She has also qualified as a French Patent Attorney. Laurence’s work primarily entails the preparation and prosecution of patent applications for both multinationals and SMEs.
Laurence graduated from University Grenoble-Alpes with a master-level degree in Physics and a specialisation in Material Science. Her PhD research work focused on the study of biological bi-dimensional structures. Prior to joining the patent profession, Laurence worked in technology transfer in the fields of physical chemistry and crop science in France. This experience has enabled her to explore a range of cross-disciplinary topics.
Laurence joined Murgitroyd in 2021 following the acquisition of Hanna Moore + Curley. Prior to joining Hanna Moore + Curley in 2015, she worked in private practice in France.
Core Expertise: Telecommunications, electronics, software and mechanical devices.
- March 1, 2022: EPO assists users in advance of unitary patent
- September 10, 2021: Compulsory licences in times of crisis