Dr Thomas Gibb
- MA Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- MSci Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- PhD Chemistry, Imperial College London
- Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Brunel University
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in IP Basic Litigation Course
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
Thomas Gibb is a qualified UK and European patent attorney. He joined Murgitroyd in February 2019 following the acquisition of Chapman IP by Murgitroyd. Thomas joined Chapman IP after completing a PhD in Chemistry at Imperial College London.
Thomas’ PhD focused on devices for single molecule detection and their integration into microfluidic platforms. Prior to his PhD he obtained both a First Class MA and MSci in Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge, specialising in Materials Science and Metallurgy.
Thomas was awarded a Selwyn College (Cambridge) scholarship for all four years of study. He was also awarded the Armourers & Brasiers’ AWE prize in the penultimate and final years. Tom is based in the Southampton Office.
Core Expertise: Functional materials, chemical analytics, materials science and metallurgy.