Equity, diversity & inclusion
At Murgitroyd, we know that celebrating equity, diversity and inclusion is paramount in a modern workplace. We've created a culture that thrives on diversity with our expansive global footprint, nurturing an atmosphere of collaboration and unity underpinned by shared values.
Murgitroyd is committed to celebrating and supporting Equity, Diversity & Inclusion.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the IP industry. As such, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people. We have long been open to talent in every form and we believe it is the diversity of our staff which has made Murgitroyd both successful and a great place to work.
Murgitroyd was one of the first pan-European IP firms and has also built a strong presence in the Americas. Over the years, we have carefully developed an open, collaborative and supportive culture, built around shared values. The togetherness and collegiate essence of our staff, invaluable in these uncertain times, has been real source of pride and comfort to all Murgitroyd employees.
Within the IP Industry, we’re playing a proactive part by contributing to the initiatives launched by IP Inclusive, as an original signatory of the IP Inclusive Charter. We are also proud to act as lead of the IP Inclusive Scotland Network and serve as committee members of the IP Ability community.
Murgitroyd became signatories of the Race at Work Charter in November 2020. By signing the Charter we committed to the following five practice steps: appoint an Executive Sponsor for race, capture ethnicity data and publicize progress, commit at Board level to zero tolerance of harassment and bullying, make clear that supporting equality in the workplace is the responsibility of all leaders and managers and take action that supports ethnic minority career progression.
Our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion committee members:
- Nanna Bergh – Patent Paralegal Secretary
- Rahila Bhat – Patent Scientist
- Jay Buckley – Records Administrator
- Laurence Cheney – Head of Global Marketing Operations
- Clare Collins – Patent Attorney
- Cath Coombes – Director, Patents
- Laura Fe – Director, Patents
- Cara Kavinsky – HR Assistant
- Fiona McLachlan – Patent Scientist
- Lisa O’Brien – Senior Patent Attorney
- Mary Quinn – Director of Human Resources
- Russell Thom – Managing Director, Director, Patents
- Electra Valentine – Patent Paralegal
- Alex Winn – Records Administrator
They meet regularly to discuss how we will continue to foster Equity, Diversity & Inclusion in the IP industry and in everything we do at Murgitroyd.