With over 45 years of experience of working in in-house Intellectual Property Departments for various pharmaceutical companies, our team has a considerable depth of expertise in technical areas ranging from small molecules to biologics.
Our Team’s experience in IP practice is varied:
- Court appointed technical expert in key litigation between big pharma and generics both in relation to Supplementary patent certificates (SPCs) and underlying patents;
- Conducting extensive multi-jurisdiction Freedom to Operate (FTOs),
- Drafting and developing robust patent portfolios,
- Worldwide management of IP portfolios;
- Understanding and facilitating advice to R&D management;
- Developing strategies with acquisition in mind;
- Implementing European wide SPC strategies for key drugs.
We utilise this experience to provide a client focused service, working with our clients to provide proactive, pragmatic and strategic advice across our full range of services taking into account the key commercial drivers behind each project. We understand the variety of purposes behind patent protection. We work with you to develop a robust patent portfolio with an eye towards future litigation and to navigate and mitigate the risks of third party patent rights. We are also experienced in large multi-opponent oppositions in this field.
Our Trade Mark Team has acted for one of the UK’s largest pharmaceutical companies for over 25 years. During this time we have provided assistance across the full spectrum of trade mark services with particular emphasis on European clearance projects. We have extensive experience in dealing with the many ethical and regulatory challenges which are unique to the field, as well as navigating the constantly evolving legal landscape.
Keep up to date with the latest news and legal updates, or learn more about protecting your intellectual property